[IP] Re:JDRF ads

"LawnNinja" <email @ redacted> wrote:

>Ok-kind of funny- hubby and I were just headed home from the inlaws and
>saw the billboard "Juvenile Diabetes Hurts Kids" Now I understand why my
>boss at my new job asked why I hadn't outgrown it! Now I also understand
>why when I told one of my folks friends that I was pregnant they said "Why
>would you do that diabetes hurts kids"....Drives me nuts...(and also-as
>someone mentioned-all the DIABETES/OBESITY stuff...The only time I was
>ever thin was the day I was diagnosed-so people at work ask me every time
>there is an article in the paper-if I lose weight will I not be a diabetic
>anymore? or "put down that juice-save the calories you'll be cured"

Yes, and wait until you're 50-something and when you tell people you have
diabetes, they give you that knowing look that says, "well if you just
didn't eat junk food and lose some weight you wouldn't have diabetes".  I
just tell them that even if I weighed 90 pounds and didn't eat at all, I'd
still have diabetes and still need to take insulin.

dxd 1963
pumping 2000