Re: Emergency Room Rational (was Re: [IP] Help, Please!!!)

I was going to say something like that too but I didn't want to start an
argument. I guess everyone is different. I know I saw 600 once at a Beach
Boys concert in New Hampshire and all I did was give myself a high blood
sugar bolus and watch it go down.  I think I had eaten something and forgot
to bolus.
The only time I actually went to the hospital was once when something
happened to my pump and I wasn't getting insulin and had ketones. I'll
never do that again. ketones or not... I'll treat it myself. The hospital
trip just isn't worth it unless I'm unconscious and I don't see what they
are doing to me. The hospital was a disaster area, where they didn't even
understand diabetes, much less an insulin pump. My husband has orders to
let me die 8-)