[IP] Re: Valentine's Day post (insurance issue)

>Pumps (as well as any other durable medical equipment) are specifically
covered under our policy, "when medically necessary."  My doctor has already
written a letter of medical necessity.  Aetna should not be allowed to
override that decision.  They are [not?] licensed to practice medicine in the
state of Iowa, or any other state that I am aware of. If that approach does
not work, I can always sue them for fraud. Failing to provide coverage that
is written in our policy constitutes fraud.  Several of these lawsuits have
been ruled in favor of the insured already.

Go for it, John!  Put all of this info in your letter of appeal to the
company. You might get a different response. Perhaps, the CDEs you work with
will add to your letter.