[IP] Re:Valentine's day post

I think I can get going on MDI pretty quick.  I have already had all
the training (in preparation for pumping).  I was on 1x day for so
long because my doctor didn't know any better I was not assertive
enough to go out and learn more.  Fortunatly my doctor has referred
me to the local CDE.  They're great.  I have learned more working
with them over the past few months than in the last several years.

I'm not sure how long I will have to be on MDI, but after looking
over my insurance SPD and the laws in the state of Iowa, I think
Aetna is going to lose this battle.  Pumps (as well as any other
durable medical equipment) are specifically covered under our policy,
"when medically necessary."  My doctor has already written a letter
of medical necessity.  Aetna should not be allowed to override that
decision.  They are licensed to practice medicine in the state of
Iowa, or any other state that I am aware of.

If that approach does not work, I can always sue them for fraud.
Failing to provide coverage that is written in our policy constitutes
fraud.  Several of these lawsuits have been ruled in favor of the
insured already.

>Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 19:33:57 -0600
>From: "Sue" <email @ redacted>
>Subject: [IP] Valentine's day post
>Sorry to hear of your latest woes. How fast can you go on MDI and how long
>do you have to stay on it before going on the pump. I am surprised you have
>stayed on the 1 shot this long. Was this your choice or your doctors?
>Sue (Memphis)
>Dx 01/29/02
>Cozmo Pumping 01/07/03

"Never offend people with style when you can
offend them with substance." --Sam Brown