Re: [IP] JDRF posters

> I just got the new JDRF posters.
>  Here's the sayings - there's 3 and each of them has a sign in a bussiness
> type thing stating :
> HELP WANTED to save a child's life
> POSITIONS AVAILABLE  to save a child's limbs from amputation
> INQUIRE WITHIN about how to keep a child from going blind
> and then they have the JDRF logo and info at the bottom.
>  I thought they were kinda abrupt but got the message across, my mom hates
> I can see her point as kids or anyone with D would be somewhat disturbed.
> What do you think?

my biggest beef about the jdrf is that it almost makes it seem like only
children get diabetes, and that it just disappears once the person enters
adulthood (or dies, it's never explained).

just because i got type one diabetes in adulthood, does that mean either i'm
not at risk for complications, or does my risk of complications not matter?

i do wish they'd put a little emphasis on adults with type 1.

liz - ottawa, with a sick kitty.