[IP] air bubbles

When I fill a new reservoir, I have a time keeping air bubbles out.  Anybody
have any advice on this?  I have thumped on the reservoir to the point of
violence.  I use the Paradigm pump with Humalog.  I am thinking of talking to
my doctor about changing to Novolog because my sites go bad within 2 days now.
There is a knot of hardened tissue when I remove the old set.  Also, on a few
occasions, there is a thick white substance in the canula which has blocked
delivery.  (No infection involved.) Any input would be appreciated, Marian