[IP] Cold Paradigm Batteries

I've been keeping a log of battery changes for my
Paradigm, and I'm seeing a lot of variability in
battery life.  I'm getting between 1 and 3 weeks
with energizer max batteries. I use vibrate mode,
but no remote and rarely use the backlight.
This is the log for the last 7 battery changes:

 6 days - LoBat 10:00 pm
 9 days - NoPow  4:00 am
 8 days - LoBat  7:00 pm
------------------------ new pack of batteries
 6 days - LoBat 10:00 am
23 days - LoBat 10:01 am
19 days - LoBat  9:01 am
 8 days - LoBat/E21 9:01 am

The interesting thing I noticed is that since winter
has come, all of the LoBat alarms have happened when
I'm outside running on very cold days.  When running,
I wear the pump zipped inside a padded sports belt
underneath a windbreaker, but it still get pretty cold.

>Has anyone noticed a differing battery
>life with the beep vs. vibrate?

Do you Yahoo!?