[IP] Re: Chris' ER visit

>>> I got the number in the emergency room while my nephrologist was trying
to figure out what to do with me.  In the same lab report, my creatanin had
gone to 7.  At the ER I tested at 3 something and will do a
repeat test on Monday.>>>

Chris (who is a guy)

I'm sorry about your problems. What is your present Creatinine Clearance
(determined by a 24-hr urine collection in conjunction with a blood draw)?
On another list, I learned that DMers who start dialysis at 12% instead of
the *mandatory* 10%, do much better and *recover* much more quickly. I have
had several people *pre*sume I am exhausted after a dialysis treatment. Not
so. Perhaps it's because I was at 12% when started.

I see people at my center that I do NOT want to live like. They are death
warmed over - two died this week. I have good coloring now and am able to
accomplish much more than a year ago - not to where I'd like to be, but age
and wear and tear on the bod with 5 decades of DM will cause some of that as

But, if you need dialysis, why wait until you are unable to bounce back?
It's sorta like pumping - people feel sooo much better and didn't realize
how bad they felt until they got better control. YMMV (~_^)

Dialyzing since 7/8/02