[IP] novolog and regular mix?

I used to mix H and R~ 5:1 becuz of itching, but switched to Novolog last
year.  I have 5 severe hypos-seizures since using the Novo.  I am now back to
H and R mix becuz the N just knocks me out.  I  had way too many hi's and no
warning of lows.  Does anyone mix the Novolog and R just to take the bite out?
I'm starting to get itchy from the H again.