Re: [IP] Vegetarians??

    I am a lacto-ovo vegetarian in that I can handle eggs and dairy products
also. I don't eat any animal flesh because I have a difficult time digesting
animal flesh proteins.
    Textured Vegetable Protein or TVP has been a life saver for me. You can
find it unprepared in health food stores or prepared from manufacturers of
vegetarian products like BOCA or Morningstar Farms. I am taking BOCA smoked
sausage with me to work today. There is not even the tiniest amount of
animal in the sausage. The TVP has been prepared to mimick the texture of
    Think about this: If you would cook up a skillet of hamburger not adding
any seasoning at all it would be quite a bland dish. However, hamburger has
a texture that is familiar to most meat eaters. If you add the right stuff
to the hamburger you can get chili. The seasonings make the dish whether it
be a burger or chili. The texture has to be right to be familiar to us so we
know what we are eating, and we eat according to preference. Some people
love Elbow Macaroni but hate Rigatoni. Why? Aren't they both pasta? Texture
is the culprit.
    Here is a sample of how TVP is available prepared:
    Hormel Vegetarian Chili With Beans (spicy)
    Morningstar Farms Chik n Nuggets (spelling may be wrong but they are
    Boca Smoked Sausage
    Boca Burgers
    Another brand I can't remember the name of makes tasty BBQ ribs that
remind me of the BBQ sandwich that McDonalds used to have.
    I gotta got to work or I would tell ya more.
Cody S. Alderson