[IP] Do You Weigh Your Food?

Hi All:  I met with a new educator today and was surprised at the suggestion
to start weighing food.  While I admit I am not the best carb counter, the
measuring and calculating and weighing (with those carb point values, or
whatever they call them) seems to be a bit overboard to me.  We mostly eat
foods that I can measure according to serving on the package, or we eat out.
It seems like a record of restaurant foods, and keeping track of what works
well for that favorite food is a better idea.
Anyone have any suggestions on this, and if you use a scale what kind and how
does it work?