[IP] Paradigm Battery Question

I changed my battery today and am wondering if I can change it again if I
have not gotton a "low battery" alarm or anything else?  I changed it with a
battery that although was new, wasn't an Energizer or Rayovac or any "name
brand".  I got a low battery alarm at work and didn't have an extra battery
with me.  (believe me I'm kicking myself)  The maintanence dept provided me
with a AAA battery and asked a zillion questions about the pump.  Very nice
people!!  So, can I change the battery to one of mine... or should I just
leave it and keep track of how long it lasts?  (Maybe it'd last longer than
the 10 days I get with Energizer???)