Re: [IP] Ultraflex Infusion Sets

I've only been doing .5 to prime my cannula.  I thought that was right.
I am using the smallest size of the ultraflex.
well I called and asked support at D, the lady told me .5 if you're
to insulin and 1 if you aren't.

Now I don't have to wonder if I'm doing this right all night!  LOL

Faith and SweetiePie, my mighty blue d-tron
diabetic 21+ years and glad to be here
pumping since 08-00

<<That is the proper procedure, pinch and insert.  The cannula prime is

>When you disconnect am I correct to assume that you place that blue
>  rubber thing over the end? The set end or the tubing end? I just
might be
>hooked if I can make the longer 8mm cannula work for me. I love the
>disconnect and the elliptical tape is cool. It feels different than the
>sets, tubing is softer.  Some one else makes it right?  Thanks.

The blue rubber stopper goes over the connector on the set.  There is
no cover needed for the tubing as the needle is recessed and
protected.  And the way they taper the end of the cannula and extend
the introducer needle past it by only 2 mm really does work well for
insertions, IMHO.