RE: [IP] "duh" comments from fools

I may be incurring the wrath of this entire list but I personally agree with
part of what "Creepy Chris" said.  I agree that I have genes for diseases
that I would not wish on my worst enemies (not just diabetes mind you).  I
agree that not only would society benefit from having less of these
diseases, so would my future extended family.  At this point in my life (I'm
only 24) I don't believe that I will ever father my own children.  Instead
of subjecting them to the potential of inheriting my myriad of health
problems I would rather adopt a child that would otherwise not have a good
home.  I think that this would be better for all parties involved.  I know
that I would not be getting a disease-free child but I would feel like I had
actually helped in some small way.

Here is where I disagree:  Evolution will never stop; it will just adapt to
the way we live our lives and different things will become important.  For
example : disease will matter less and long agile fingers will matter more
( so we can pound away at those keyboards typing papers about how we have
cured disease).  I also do not believe that since I feel I shouldn't pass on
my genes that all diabetics should do the same.  I am sure that my views are
in the minority.  It sounds to me like "Chris" was trying to get off a few
points that I have heard before about evolution but instead he came off as a
complete jerk.

Tolerantly yours,

(Dx'd @19 in 1999 still waiting for my Cozmo which is supposed to come this

PS: Lori did you get my message?