Re: [IP] Maverick's deafness

Hello Bridget,

I couldn't help but replying to your message about Maverick's Deafness. I
have had Diabetes for 15 years (since I was 7 years old) and on the pump for
three years.  I also happen to be Deaf. My parents discovered my Deafness
when I was 1 1/2 of age.

So far as I know, there are no particular signs for pump terminology. When I
go to the doctors, I would have to spell out everything for the interpreters
to understand anyway for they wouldn't know the terms.

One other thing I wanted to point out is that I am a fluent user of ASL and I
don't see anything wrong with my english and grammar. My parents were very
involved in my education and taught me how to read at the age of 2. Maverick
will do wonderful with a such involved mom like you, whatever way you teach
him. :) I wish you the best of luck with Maverick and keep us all updated!