Re: [IP] Which Pump

I have contacted the company and had a sales rep bring one by and show it to
me.  I would say that that experience was about like normal, with most
companies, but I haven't yet pursued it beyond that.  I know some others
here have far more experience with them in that respect.

>  Kristina's blood sugars are still sky high but more often than not, it's
> because she's
>  forgotten to test at meal time or she's forgotten her insulin all
together. I
> think an alarm
>  to remind her to test, and to take her insulin would be just the thing
> needs.

If I remember right, one of the fancy features on this pump is that you can
set it to remind you to bolus at meal time.  You put in time parameters of
when you would normally eat the meal (if you want it to do this) and it will
alarm of no meal bolus is given during that time.  My schedule is far too
erratic to benefit from such a feature, so I'm not certain I'm remembering
it right.  (I forget what I don't need to know personally!)  But it really
sounds like just the thing your Kristina needs.  Perhaps it might help her,
over the next four years, to become more responsible about her treatment.

You didn't say how old she is, but obviously, you want to train her so that,
as time goes on, she becomes MORE responsible and you become less so.  I
would think that the settings on the Cozmo pump would more successfully
achieve that purpose than going back to injections you could control would.
If it's a choice between the Cozmo and NPH insulin, I KNOW which one I'd

dxd 1985, pumping since 1990