[IP] Re: Bad hospital experiences

Subject: Re: [IP] Bad hospital experiences

>Finally, a couple of hours later I got my blood sugar checked.  >Everyone,
>except me, was surprised that it was 400!

When I was in the hopsital about two years ago, the kitchen brought up my
breakfast for me, and I waited until a nurse had come in to test my bg and
give me my insulin (no pump yet, at that point).  I had called the nurse's
station when I ordered my breakfast (like they had asked me to) so they
would have enough time to get my dosage out of my chart, etc., etc.

An hour later, kitchen staff came to collect the empties, saw that I hadn't
eaten anything, and when I told them why, they gave the nurses what for on
my behalf.

I know that nurses can get busy and that there are sometimes demanding
patients, but you'd think they'd be able to prioritize things a bit....

On the plus side, when the (frazzled) nurse finally got to me, she thanked
me for waiting, rather than making myself sick and giving her more to deal

Weird Jenn
email @ redacted
AIM:  jspock1
ICQ:  25177424