re:[IP] Re: Glucose tabs

>>From: email @ redacted
- - -gail in denver wrote:
<I've never purchased glucose tabs - they are just an
expensive version of SWEET TARTS and SMARTEE'S. I
hate the taste of both, so I don't snack on them and
the kids know they are mom's only. Every store
carries them - even 7-Eleven, Circle K, etc.
Don't ask me the carb count. I just know that three
rolls of Smartee's fixes me right up - very quickly.>
I prefer to use Smarties for my lows, because they are a lot cheaper and
easy to find. 3 rolls of Smarties is 15 gr of carb and 75 calories or 5
carb and 25 cals per roll. So Gail, you have been doing the right thing!
I keep them in my truck and my desk and in my 'day pack' (with my test
kit and Palm and that goes everywhere with me).

Well, this only works if you like sweet tarts or smartees.  I absolutely
cannot stand their tartness.  I always thought the glucose tabs tasted
better!   I always test before I treat lows and I had used glucose tabs
for many years (only after I found out they made grape ones).  After
reading this list for about a year I found out about airheads (15 carbs
apiece) and I have been using them ever since.  Hurrah for airheads!
A small compensation for being low.
I also like that I don't have to open more than 1 package to get 15

Just another alternative,

Faith and SweetiePie, my mighty blue d-tron
diabetic 21+ years and glad to be here
pumping since 08-00