[IP] Re: Deafness/Sign Langauge

insulin-pumpers-digest Sunday, February 9 2003    Volume 07 : Number 045

Bridget (Maverick's Mom) Said:

>As many of you know, my son Maverick has recently gone deaf.  I am >trying
>to teach him sign language, but having some difficulty locating >particular
>words.  If there is anyone out there that has any knowledge
>in this area, could you please tell me where to look.  I need simple
>words for pump, testing sugar, site changes, etc.  Any help would be

Hi Bridget,

I am deaf (I think I was given the same medication as Maverick.) and taught
sign langauge for several years.  I'll look up some resources for you and
forward them off-list.

I think its great that you're teaching Maverick sign language.  At such a
young age it will be so much easier for him.  If there's anything else I can
do to help, feel free to contact me.

Weird Jenn