Re: [IP] Nazi Nurses

 Well a few years ago when I was in for my GERD - when it was really bad, I was
in for a few weeks and this one nurse came on duty and insisted I not be in bed
she absolutly insisted I go for a walk well, sure, ok except for the fact every
time I stood up and walked I got out of breath, dizzy, heart pounding, and start
to black out, I managed with my moms help to walk down the hall and back (pretty
good considering I hadn't done much in quite a few weeks) well I got back in bed
and my mom was on her way back to work, and the nurse came back in saw her
leaving and me collapsed in bed and freaked, she insisted I go off the floor and
be gone for at least 20 minutes, well we took the elevator down and I laid down
on the couches in the lobby when 20 minutes was up went back upto bed and slept
for a few hours to make up for it!!
I hated that nurse!

 Now that wasn't diabetes related, the only bad thing that happened diabetes
wise would have to be the time I was in for uncontrolled sugars(10 years
old????) and I was recovered and I think going home either that day or the next
day, well I was bored out of my mind and I took the little water ballon that was
holding down my balloons and bombed the nurse (oopps) well she chased me down
the hall and I ran into a door and broke my baby toe!!

 I also that day, was hanging out with the nurses and I started answering the
calls, at one point I answered something along the lines of "pediatrics, how may
I help you" there was a LONG pause then a uuummm can I speak to Summer Barrett
please? It was my mom! I talk a little while longer before telling her it was
me, by this point she knew it was time for me to go home to!!

Summer (dx'd 1986 at age 4)
Pumping Nov.12/02 - Blue Paradigm