[IP] how much sugar is to much?

I remember being a little kid and having dessert with my grandfather.  He
said he could not have any,  so with my kid thinking I asked can't you just
take more insulin and then eat dessert, of course this was in the 70's, and
he said no.  Which I did not get at all even then.  but my question is there
a limit as to how much sugar you can have in one day, even with extra
insulin?

Tangi
mom to Kali dx 4-2001 and Ryley