Re: [IP] mom cold and uncaring <For Jan>

When I was a teen my father took me for an endo appt. In the waiting room a
man told his diabetic friend that he was diabetic because his faith in God
was not strong enough. When I made a derisive comment to my father about
what the man said, my father stunned me by agreeing with the man. I don't
think I ever completely got over that.

It still amazes me that, even with all the news stories, scientific
developments, etc., and even in one's own family, some people think it's
your fault. God help THEM.

    Wow, its hard to believe that people can think that way.  Nowhere in
the Bible does it say that if you remain sick with anything, it is
because your faith is weak!  The apostle Paul had health problems that
he asked to be healed of, but God didn't do that.  Do you suppose those
people would think his faith was weak?  Check out 2 Corinthians 12:5-10.
    Hope I'm not getting too religious, just wanted to share a little
ammo in case anyone is confronted with That line of thinking again!
 Looks like we're all in pretty good company.