[IP] Re: Food Police and Summer Camps

local
hospital).  One night there was a buffet  dinner.  I chose an ice cream
cup
for dessert and as I reached the end of the line, a nurse grabbed my
ice
cream!!!!!
Well, I grabbed the ice cream and we must have played tug of war with
that
cup of ice cream for at least two minutes.
...  a 25 year old should have
some
determination in his life about what he eats.
Chris>>>>>>>>>>>>

 that's unbelievable. you are obviously a more patient person than i-- i
definitely would have told
her off then and there for treating me, an adult, as if i were a child.
 then again i have had to deal with my share of nurses in hospitals who know
less about diabetes
 than i do. once i went low in the middle of the night, hit the call bell, and
the nurse didn't
 show up with juice till 15 minutes later. i realize that she was busy, but
really, nurse, do i
 have to pass out while you bring mr. jenkins a glass of water? he food nazis in
hospitals are a
 whole 'nother story-- i had a nurse tell me once that i couldn't have the cream
of broccoli soup
 for dinner, because it had "too much sugar." i'm still not quite sure what that
meant.