[IP] another DUH! comment

Today we took advantage again of the buy-1-get-1-free coupon offered by Old
Country Buffet. We stood in line next to a couple and started chatting. A
friend got 100 of these coupons so we had extra; these people had none so we
gave them one. Then we asked if they'd like to join us since the line was
sooooooooo long and a table for 4 would be less wait than two tables for 2.

As we talked at the table and the meal was about 2/3-3/4 done, my hugsband
told of his involvement with an alumni concert band (e-flat tuba). So, I
said, do you want to know what I do while he goes to practice on Monday
nights? Yes. I showed them my arm with the ugly bruises and loop. Dialysis.
That brought up DM. *He* said, "I lost my brother to diabetes, but it was
the severe kind, diabetes mellitus."

I said that's what I have. He said but it was a long time ago, the juvenile
kind. I had already told them I was a DMer for 52+ years. I said I hope you
think I was a juvenile 52 years ago. ;-)

He said but bro died. I said I should have in the coma. They thought that
I'm living on borrowed time. I guess I am.

But, do people not realize *some* people continue to live with DM no matter
who died or how *severe*? I was next to death, but survived. The lady said
my pump would have been so nice for the bro. I'm not sure how old he was
when dx'd or died.

Dialyzing since 7/8/02

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
stayed alive.