[IP] another DUH! comment

Today we took advantage again of the buy-1-get-1-free coupon offered by Old
Country Buffet. We stood in line next to a couple and started chatting. A
friend got 100 of these coupons so we had extra; these people had none so we
gave them one. Then we asked if they'd like to join us since the line was
sooooooooo long and a table for 4 would be less wait than two tables for 2.
Yes.

As we talked at the table and the meal was about 2/3-3/4 done, my hugsband
told of his involvement with an alumni concert band (e-flat tuba). So, I
said, do you want to know what I do while he goes to practice on Monday
nights? Yes. I showed them my arm with the ugly bruises and loop. Dialysis.
That brought up DM. *He* said, "I lost my brother to diabetes, but it was
the severe kind, diabetes mellitus."

I said that's what I have. He said but it was a long time ago, the juvenile
kind. I had already told them I was a DMer for 52+ years. I said I hope you
think I was a juvenile 52 years ago. ;-)

He said but bro died. I said I should have in the coma. They thought that
I'm living on borrowed time. I guess I am.

But, do people not realize *some* people continue to live with DM no matter
who died or how *severe*? I was next to death, but survived. The lady said
my pump would have been so nice for the bro. I'm not sure how old he was
when dx'd or died.

@
Dialyzing since 7/8/02

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
stayed alive.