[IP] Re: Food Police and Summer Camps

the 2 I
work for.... It really is a great experience for the kids.
 Summer (dx'd 1986 at age 4)
Pumping Nov.12/02 - Blue Paradigm>>>>>>>>>>>

 oh, summer, i'm WELL aware that camps have changed since then! after that year
i spent four
 summers at camp jordan in virginia, and i think those were some of the best
experiences of my
 entire childhood. after i got too old to be a camper there anymore i worked as
a counselor, and
 those years were even better-- all the kids i had thought it was "SOOOO cool"
that their counselor
 had diabetes just like they did. we'd test ourselves together and it made them
feel so much better
 that an "adult" (i was 19), a role model, could go through the same things that
they did. and we
 did the carb-counting thing as well, no deprivation whatsoever. i vividly
remember one morning
 where we all decided not to eat in the dining hall and make pancakes and eggs
outside instead-- me
 and ten diabetic preteen girls, some of whom i still keep in touch with now.
diabetic summer camps
nowadays are fabulous =)

Do you Yahoo!?