[IP] low blood sugars

I have noticed that for the past 6 months when my blood sugar gets low, it
takes longer and longer for it to come back up.  A few months ago, I noticed
it getting low, so I had some juice and it wouldn't come back up!  I ended up
calling an ambulance and they had to give me glucagon- I was passed out on my
couch when they arrived.
What's happening here...this is scary?!
I remember when I was a little girl, my dad bought me a huge case of a tube
called insta glucose.  It tasted nasty, but you put it under your tongue and
in your gums and it dissolves and absorbs quicker.  I really don't remember if
that worked, because it was so long ago.
Any helpful info would greatly be appreciated.