[IP] Re: Treating Lows

>you're not going to believe this but that "sad state" used to be the
>status quo for many of us diabetic kids!!

My mom was told pretty much the same thing was I was dx'ed in 1977.  It
continues even today, I hear it a lot.

However, my mum figured out her own brand of carb counting way back when,
and would substitute a treat for a portion of a meal or snack.  (I very
clearly remember the day I had a banana split for lunch, and nothing else
for the entire day.  So worth it!)

Mum also found out a way to bake goodies with less sugar.  Not just for me,
but better for everyone that way, I would imagine.