[IP] Cobra question

Does anyone know if you can get Cobra for less than a month?  I will need it
at the end of this month, but will be getting married and therefore on my
husband's insurance on March 15.  I don't want to pay for a whole month of
it if I don't need it.  My job ended on Dec 9 but as part of my severance
pkg they insured me for a while after that, so I don't want it to be
retroactive back to December.  Can you tell them "this is when I want to
start and this is when I want to finish?"