[IP] Moved to the Deltec Cozmo

I made the transition to the new Deltec Cozmo pump this past Wednesday
(03/03/2003). I've been using the Disetronic H-Tron and H-Tron Plus series
pumps for the past nine years and have had a great experience with their

After months of review and many emails between Deltec representatives I
finally made the switch.

It is a fantastic pump and I think the leader of the pack when it comes to
features and capabilities. You have read on this forum about Sue being a
newly diagnosed Type 1 and her experiences with the Cozmo. I can echo her
comments and more in dealing with the transition from the H-Tron to the
Cozmo. The H-Tron series is very good and Disetronic is a very responsive
company as well . the H-Tron is dated in comparison to the features
available on the Deltec.  Both units will do the job we need to have done.

I would strongly suggest anyone considering a pump to look closely at the
Deltec Cozmo. No proprietary infusion sets needed or special batteries and
the pump is very intuitive to use. The software for connecting the IR port
to your PC will further enhance the operation of the pump and getting data
in/out of the pump, but it is not at all needed to use the pump. (you know I
just used the word "pump' 3 times in that statement!!).

Just food for thought for those looking into pumping and those considering
making pump changes.

Nolan E. Kienitz, PMP
Spring, TX