Re: [IP] Treating lows

>>>I have also, since pumping, treated a low by just suspending the pump
when I
don't want to eat.  When you shut off the supply of insulin, it's amazing
how fast your blood sugar will rise.  Does anyone else sometimes just turn
off the pump?>>>

This really is not recommended - you need to have the insulin cut about 2
hours before a low hits. It's best to treat it. I read about doing that on
this list and that's how I could have done myself in - lost my vision and
programmed a 10u bolus instead! The 19 clicks (1.9u) woke me up enough to
realize what I had done!!

Eat to treat.

Dialyzing since 7/8/02

You don't hit a man on the head if you have your fingers between his teeth ~
Ghanian proverb