[IP] Re: don't want faster delivery

>>>Jan, why would you not want the faster delivery?  I now have a Paradigm
and am looking at other pumps and wonder why only the MM uses the slower
delivery.  What is the difference and what is the benefit of one over
the other -- aside from the fact that you could stop the slower delivery
easier?  TIA

>  that didn't click and delivered quickly like a
> shot - DON'T want that - at all!!!

Judi in MI>>>

Because I had the fast delivery for 9 years. I had to break up every 6 unit
bolus in two = 3u now, wait 3 min (had a wait feature) then get the other 3.
It was too painful to get that much at once. I DO want the option to quit
mid-delivery as well. The fast delivery doesn't allow that at all. I like
the comfort of knowing those clicks are doing their job and if it's still
running or not. I have cited my dilemma of foolishly trying to stop my pump
during a low and lost my vision. Instead I programmed a 10 unit bolus and
was able to stop it when I realized what the insistent clicking was - after
1.9u (which I certainly did not need!). There would have been no way to stop
it if it was a quick infusion. These are my preferences and realllllllllly
do not want to give them up. YMMV

I hope Medtronic-MiniMed is listening because I do not believe I am the only

I have my one-word epitaph ready: Discontinued.

Dialyzing since 7/8/02

If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain. ~ Steven Wright