Re: [IP] Re: Treating Lows

In a message dated 2/7/2003 9:26:39 PM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I don't know why they still teach people to use juice.

While juice isn't the perfect solution, the one benefit I find to juice is
that I can get my daughter to sip one up while still half asleep, should I
find her on the low side at night.  To get her to chew anything would require
her to be completely awakened.  And, although the juice doesn't hit her
bloodstream quite as fast as the glucose tabs we also often use, if she's
sleepy or just not feeling well, she is able to drink up a juice box (15-17g
in the small size juice boxes)  MUCH faster than she can chew up 4 glucose
tabs.  This is just another one of those YMMV things . . . different strokes
. . .

Pumpmama to Katie (12)