[IP] Bethlehem Steel Insurance woes

My husband is retired from Bethlehem Steel and according to the evening news
tonight, our "guaranteed" lifetime health and life insurance has gone out
the window. At the moment, we are not dependent upon it. He was took
retirement after 30 years but was too young (as were our children) to
completely retire. We do have very good insurance through his current
employer but once he leaves there we had intended to rejoin the Beth Steel
retirees insurance program which we had been told we could always do no
questions asked.

What a few years ago look like a promising retirement for us is really
hitting the skids between the downturn in the stock market and this
insurance problem not to mention all the restricted stock we had in
Bethlehem Steel that could not be cashed until 2007. Might as well light a
fire with those certificates. Poor guy worked many years from 5 am to 7 or 8
pm five days a week and many weekend hours to boot just to get booted. I am
sure we will be better off than most of the world's population but it sure
is a kick in the rear.

Sue (Memphis)
Dx 01/29/02
Cozmo Pumping 01/07/03