Re: [IP] ohh, Sick!!

At 12:05 PM 2/7/03, you wrote:
>Well I've been moaning and groaning over a barf
>bowl for the last hour and a half, I threw up quite a bit, now I'm reall
>cause my sugar is 4.5 and I can't keep anything down. I'm sipping juice and
>about to call my nurse to see if I should lower basals, had a trace of
>so I don't want to stop insulin and get sicker !!
>  First time sick on pump, first time sick in a LONG time. I've never
> thrown up
>with normal blood sugars they were always high.
>Summer (dx'd 1986 at age 4)

Summer, try regular popsicles.  They're much easier to keep down and they
have a good amount of glucose in them.  I've always used them for "sick
days" and they tend to not upset your stomach as much as trying to drink
something.  That's pretty much all my daughter live on those 4 days when
she was sick.  YMMV.

dxd 1963
pumping 2000