Re: [IP] Pregnancy and Beyond ...Wheat Protein Pinpointed in Pioneering

RoseLea said:
> So now we can add wheat to the list of cow's milk,
> too much iron and the
> myriad of other "causes" of Type 1 in children that
> have never been proven.

This is definitely fad-du-jour.  The latest over in
the Autism world is the same thing - take away wheat &
milk and your autistic child is suddenly "cured".
(BTW, we've decided to forego this diet in our child
that is on the autism spectrum.)

My apologies for the sarcasm - I've been at this for
hmmm nearly 31 years and am tired of the latest and
greatest speculations as to the causes of diabetes.  I
remember one study that hypothesized that children
whose hands would not lay flat on a table meant they
were probably diabetic.  Huh????

-gail in denver

Do you Yahoo!?