Re: [IP] sof-set vs. ultraflex??

Hi Becky,

I am using the Quick Set and I really like it.  There is only a small
patch of tape, it's easy to disconnect, and I'd grown up using an
insertion device to inject my needles, so the inserter helps a lot.
There are also two different lengths to tubing.  I was using the shorter
tube, but when I attach my pump to my leg, the longer one usually works
better.  Those are the benefits that I can see from the Quick Set, and
hopefully that will help a little.

>From: email @ redacted >Reply-To: email @ redacted >To:
email @ redacted >Subject: Re: [IP] sof-set vs. ultraflex?? >Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 17:30:41 EST > >Becky, > > The one thing about the
Sof-SEts is that they require all the extra patches >of tape. Also when
you disconnect it leaves about 4" of tubing dangling from >your site. The
barrel connector is a Bitch!!!!! But not sure if it is as >bad as the
stupid ring they replaced it with on the Quick Sets. That's a >toss-up!
We liked the SS sets until we went with the Quick sets. Don't miss >that
big patch of tape on Josh's body, that's for sure! The only thing about
>the dangling tubing is that it did make it easier for Josh to connect/
>disconnect when he had a butt site. But the barrel was so stubborn
>someitmes. > >If Ultraflex came in 6mm and had a inserter we would be
using those. I found >them difficult to handle when trying to insert and
Josh just can't use the >8mm length...too long! > >Sylvia >mom to Joshua