[IP] ALC results

I met with a minimed rep. in preparation of staring on my new pump. I was
asked again what my A1C's have been. I told them it has 6.2. I thought that
was pretty good.

They said the only reseaon it was 6.2 was because I must be having many,
many extremly low BG's. I work very hard keeping my BG's in check. I test
10-12 times a day. I excerise 5-6 days a week, for a minimum of one hour
each day.

I thought it was wrong for them to assume my A1C's were in the low 6's
beacuse I was having severe problems with low BG's.  If a low A1C means I
have a problem with lots of lows, why does my doctor bother tellling me my
control has been good.

The point is my A1c's have been in the low 6's. I work hard at it. I have an
occasioanl low BG, but it has not been a problem. The DCCT says that
complications are reduced with A1C's below 7. It did NOT distinguse betewwn
pumnpers and Non-pumpers.