[IP] The Business of Insulin Pumps

>From the ADA - Health Care Professional Edition:

The Business of Insulin Pumps: Clinical and Economic Considerations
Continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion (CSII) via an insulin pump is
perceived and marketed to be the most sophisticated and flexible method
available of providing insulin therapy. However, an analysis of pump therapy
in the Fall 2002 issue of Clinical Diabetes cautions that CSII may carry
substantially higher annual costs than syringe- or pen-injected insulin
regimens without offering significantly better glycemic control.

Read the story at

Jim Handsfield