RE: [IP]"Long-term high BGs" Pregnancy

--- RoseLea <email @ redacted> wrote:
> "Stephens, Janet" <email @ redacted> wrote:
>
> >I know YMMV but I worry about this much more now
> that I'm pregnant. I
> >haven't hardly had any 200's at all and I worry
> when I hit 140-180 which
> >doesn't happen too often either. But I worry if I
> have been up there too
> >long and am doing damage to my growing baby. I'm
> testing 10-16 times/day.

I worried all the time since I was in the 400's a lot
of the time. Especially in the morning and I would
spend all day trying to get them down. My doctor
didn't seem that worried (Hershey Medical Center) when
I 'd be crying to him that I was trying very  very
hard. He said that normal pregnant women will see high
sugars. My daughter is 9, healthy, smart and
beautiful.
Worrying will not help, do what you can. I remember a
nurse being so upset with a young pregnant diabetic
women who was drinking chocolate milk and eating candy
bars. This is someone probably doing damage.
Be vigilant but enjoy your pregnancy. It's a unique,
very special time of your life. meg