Re: [IP] Memory Loss Link to HBG

I know that several studies of Alzheimer's disease has
linked that disease's symptoms to the brains inability
to absorb glucose correctly - due to plaque like build
up on areas of the brain surface.

Having spent a summer in college working at a nursing
home, I knew that Alzheimer's patients reality rang
too close to my own sensations during hypoglycemia.
When asked questions of me during hypo - I answer as
if I were still 12 or 13.  Thank Gawd RMN is not still
our president!

But, maybe the HBG link explains why I have to sit
here and think for a word that is right here on the
tip of my tongue.  I was dx'd in the semi-dark ages of
eye-droppers of water & urine & fizzy tablets, and one
shot a day of NPH/regular mix.  It was a long time
before I ever knew what my "real" BG values were
(rather than that silly once every 3 or 4 months in
the MD's office).  I think that is the definition of
long-term HBG (as someone has asked on a different

C'est la vie.  I'm still seeking that happy medium.

-gail in denver

Do you Yahoo!?