[IP] Thanks & Paradigm Economy

Thanks for letting me know about the lack of compatibility between the
Paradigm and the Disetronic Ultraflex.  I hope, perhaps, that I'll be able
to use the Ultraflex at some future point, maybe with a Leur Lock adapter.
For the Paradigm to be waterproof at the wearer's end is not a big issue for

I do find that I like the part of the Quick Set that actually inserts.
Also, it does not leave an adhesive residue when removed (the Ultraflex
did).  I still don't like the screw-on aspect of the set, though.

Another thing I'm wondering . . .  Last visit to my endo, she told me that I
should always change my cartridge whenever I change my set.  The set-up for
the Paradigm tends to push one in that direction, since the tubing is not
independent from the set connector.  But I don't use enough insulin per day
to change and refill my cartridge every time I change my set.  I could fill
the cartridge only part-way, but I really don't want the hassle.  Does
anyone who can go 5-7 days on 150 units really change their cartridge and
throw all of that insulin away?  Seems very wasteful of resources and user
time.  Why would one need to change cartridges so often, anyway?

So, I am trying to think through how I will conserve insulin and not change
the cartridge the next time I change my set.  If I disconnect at the
cartridge, will I get a bunch of bubbles?  Does it matter, or can I just
manually prime them on out?  I'd just like to hear an experienced Paradigm
user tell how they handle this, for peace of mind.

Thanks very much.  It is times like this when I am really glad I'm a member
of this list (even if I usually lurk).

DXed Jan. 1975, pumping since May 1998, just got a Paradigm