Subject: [IP] Scars

Hi. I was diagnosed two years ago with type 1 and I have been on the minimed
pump for over a year. I am a fair-complexion person, and I have the WORST
problem with my sites. I change them every 2 days and for a week to two
weeks after, I will have a scab.  My stomach  and upper rear are covered
with dark spots from scar tissue (I assume), and since I am so fair they are
really noticeable.  . . . but maybe knowing that there are others out
there with similar problems might make it easier to deal with. Thank you for
listening. Kelby ;0)

Kelby,
 I imagine a lot of us have scarring to some extent. I seem to keep a trail of
about a dozen spots in various conditions of healing/scabbing/scarring. One
thing though, it's a lot better than the purple bruises I got with my
injections. It seemed to be cyclical, but at times I was polka dotted on my
stomach and hips. Also, what about your finger tips? Do you get those dark pin
dots? I've had more than one manicurist ask me about them. And scars from other
wounds? Seems like everything leaves a reddish purple mark. Sure, they're small
and fade eventually, almost, but I feel like the illustrated woman. Good thing
is they mostly bother just me. No one else seems to notice. Guess we've all got
our "things" to worry about. You've got a good attitude about it, though. Maybe
some sunless tan cream would make it look better? Good Living!
Martha