Re: [IP] Dialysis and Kidney Transplant

I'm curious about the incidence of kidney failure.  Is this attributable
to poor control over the years when technology wasn't what it was today
or is it just inevitable for us all?

When people talk about complications here, it would be helpful to have
some history so we can put the info in context and see if we're headed
down that same path (and make changes if necessary before it's too late).

--- svhowell <email @ redacted> wrote:
>            I am a thirty three year diabetic with all of the serious
> complications. I came down in December of 1996 with kidney failure and
> promptly went on Hemo.dialysis for a year and a half. I then switched to
> peritoneal for about seven months and switched back. I was also experiencing
> severe heart complications. I then set up an appointment for a kidney
> transplant waiting list at Duke University in Durham NC. Well I never made it
> on the list as my mother went there to see if she matched and three weeks
> later she donated one of her kidney's to me. She was sixty five at the time
> and we are both doing great at the present time. If you have any questions
> please don't hesitate to ask.

Do you Yahoo!?