RE: [IP] re: eating out.................

Tom [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> i was told by my CDE that restaurants are supposed to have
> lists with the
> carb content of the foods they serve.  i am not certain, but
> this requirement
> may only apply to fast food places, like BK or McD's.  on the
> other hand, why
> would the law distinguish between such places and more local
> eateries, except
> that the local places probably don't have the facilities to
> assess the carb
> contant of their food.........

The only time restaurants are *required* to supply nutritional information
is when they make claims such as low fat, reduced calorie, etc.  Most fast
food restaurants (McDonald's, BK, etc.) have nutritional information
available as they are operating of standardized formulas and tight portion

Jim Handsfield