[IP] RE: (Not using pump correctly?) square wave

<I say graze and bolus, graze and bolus. The purpose - to me - of the sq wave
is to spread out the bolus for high-fat meals - not for grazing.>

<What i do is use the dual bolus, i have never use the square bolus. to me the
dualwave bolus is the way to go. you can still bolus in case you decide to
eat more and or eat something with higher fat etc..with the square from what
i understand you can't bolus. so the dual is the way to go.>

The dual-wave bolus is nothing more than an immediate bolus now,
followed by a square wave.  So you can use the dual wave feature if
you have an idea of what you'll be eating and know how much insulin
you need immediately to cover quicker-acting carbs and how much
you'll need to cover protein/fat, etc. over a longer period.  But again, if
you're grazing and don't know what you'll be eating, how do you know
how much to program into the pump?  You can program a dual wave,
or manually do the same thing by doing a regular bolus and then
setting a square wave.  And if you decide the square wave you've set
is incorrect or change your mind, you just suspend the pump to cancel
it and then resume to restart your pump.  I agree with Jan, graze and
bolus, graze and bolus.