Re: [IP] Young Diabetics Get Hit Early With Heart Disease

 Its heart and stroke month here and in the paper we got a little brochure about
heart and stroke and in it there was aa " are you at risk" test. it had 2 rows
and you check off all that apply to see, well the first row was "uncontrolable
risks" and it had, over 40(?) years, family history etc. But the next row was
controlable risks and it had smoking, over weight, laziness(my wording) and
diabetes!! Well quite frankly one may be able to lose weight, exercise more or
quit smoking but I definatly can't quit my diabetes!

 I know this is because if we take care of D it will help prevent heart disease,
but if we have D we are at a greater risk, I think Diabetes should have been
under both, saying its contolable to an extent but the risk is still there even
with perfect control of BG's

Summer (dx'd 1986 at age 4)
Pumping Nov.12/02 - Blue Paradigm