Re: [IP] Dialysis and Kidney Transplant

>>> My next question is you guys don't mind how come were you guys
diagnosed? Was it diabetes related or did renal failure run in the family
etc....
And how was your experience w/ dialysis or transplantation???>>>>

 Since kidney disease is a common complication of DM, routine testing is
done - if the doctor is up to snuf. In the early '80s I showed 80% function,
and it declined to 35% by '94 - that's when I saw a nephrologist. In
hindsight, I should have gone to a kidneyologist much earlier than that.

I started hemodialysis 7/8/02 when my function was 12% and gagging on my
food/pills, no appetitie, losing weight, sleeping 12+ hrs a day, etc.

I'm feeling ever soooo much better, can eat all my food w/o sharing, sleep
much less, more energy - but hate every minute of the process!! :-)  A lady
at church asked if I'm still going. I told her she'd know about it if I
didn't. LOL

@
Dialyzing since 7/8/02

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.