Re: [IP] Dialysis and Kidney Transplant

>>> My next question is you guys don't mind how come were you guys
diagnosed? Was it diabetes related or did renal failure run in the family
And how was your experience w/ dialysis or transplantation???>>>>

 Since kidney disease is a common complication of DM, routine testing is
done - if the doctor is up to snuf. In the early '80s I showed 80% function,
and it declined to 35% by '94 - that's when I saw a nephrologist. In
hindsight, I should have gone to a kidneyologist much earlier than that.

I started hemodialysis 7/8/02 when my function was 12% and gagging on my
food/pills, no appetitie, losing weight, sleeping 12+ hrs a day, etc.

I'm feeling ever soooo much better, can eat all my food w/o sharing, sleep
much less, more energy - but hate every minute of the process!! :-)  A lady
at church asked if I'm still going. I told her she'd know about it if I
didn't. LOL

Dialyzing since 7/8/02

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.