[IP] MM paradigm problem

Wanted to know if anyone has gotten an error code E21?
I was told that I have to send the pump back and get a replacement.
i was changing the battery, (with a fresh one) and it never came back on.
I changed it under a minute, but the darn thing just locked up.

Just curious if others have had similar problems. the pump is about 8 months
and have never had any other problems