Re: [IP] pregnancy worries

I was about 9 weeks along when I found out that I was pregnant and I also had
some really high sugars (all this pre-pump). I was told by my high risk doc
that the big concern is elevated sugars over a long period of time, the main
concern being the first eight weeks because that is when the major organs are
forming. So far, everything sems to be okay for my baby as I am sure that it
will be for you. I think sometimes that as expectant mothers, we can cause
greater harm by needless worrying than any other way.
Just a word of advice for you, when you get around sixteen weeks, they will
do a test called AFP and possibly a triple screen. Make sure that they inform
the lab that will be testing your blood  that you are insulin dependent. I
can tell you that this will save you a LOT of heartache because if they don't
know, it can cause false test results for things like Downs Syndrome and
Trisomy 18. I speak from experience!! Let me know how things go and maybe we
can swap some pregnancy stories as we go along!