RE: [IP] discoloration of MM tubing

 I have seen these colors. The purple was caused by heat and blue clothes I was
wearing, same w/ black (black clothes)

-----Original Message-----
    From: "Susan Kinzelman" <email @ redacted>
    Sent: 2/4/03 2:15:41 PM
    To: "email @ redacted" <email @ redacted>
    Subject: [IP] discoloration of MM tubing

  For years I've noticed all sorts of discolorations inside my MiniMed tubing
    when it's time to change it.

    When I go to change my sofset, the tubing will be either bright pink,
    purple, gray, black... and that's with the left over insulin still in the
    tubing. Has anyone else seen this? Today's was like a fluorescent pink.

    I could see if it were blood or some sort of body fluid, but purple? And
    wouldn't the pressure and flow be going from the pump to the body and not
    the other way around? Maybe I'm an alien and my blood is
    fluorescent  colors... ;0)

    I would expect blood to be.. well more of a blood color...

    I've sent several of these to MiniMed but I don' think they give a hoot..